In the blink of an eye...

If you follow my Facebook Author Page, then it will come as no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of the Olympics. Like quasi-addicted.

Okay, maybe not quasi...

In fact, I remember being in high school and spending my entire February break watching the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics. Remember when the Winter Olympics were just 2 years apart that time? Totally aside.

Anyway, they keep referring to the 2012 London Olympics. And I have to shake my head. Didn't that just happen? How could that be four years ago? Four years? Four years ago, my kids were getting ready to enter 3rd grade and Kindergarten. We were in Disney for the first time. I'd yet to publish my first book. So much has happened in the past four years.

I mean, it's been four years since we had this jem...


Aaaah, that Ryan Lochte ...

So then, as I'm watching all sorts of things I never dreamed of (Hello, Rugby!), they mention the next Olympics. In 2020.

2020.

I know it shouldn't come as a shock. 2016+4=2020 afterall. But what hit me is that my son graduates from high school in 2022. He only has one more Summer Olympics at home. I know it's a silly way to measure time, but I can't help but think of how fast these last 4 years have gone.

So, I'm going to spend the next few weeks watching the world unite, admiring the skill and talent of the athletes, and holding onto my kids a little tighter. Afterall, in the blink of an eye, they'll be gone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit