- You will have plenty of friends but only one mother. This may make you hate me at times, since I am not cool like other kids' moms and I do not let you do what ever it is you want to do. That is fine with me. I am setting boundaries and guidelines because it is what's right. It does not make me a cool parent, but it makes me a good parent.
- It will not be easy, but always do what is right. This allows you to be honest to yourself. There will be many times that it will be easiest to go with the flow. Be true to yourself, and stand up for your values and principles.
- Everything in moderation. This applies to relationships, hobbies, work and diet.
- Take the time to help others.
- If you say you are going to do something, follow through and complete the task.
- Relationships are important. Yes, you will get hurt. Relationships are hard. They take work. Cutting yourself off may seem like the easy solution, but you are only hurting yourself (as well as your loved ones) by doing this.
- Dust can wait. No one will sneak in and steal your mess.
- Doing a little bit at a time, a little everyday, will make any job easier to complete in the long run.
- Take a little time every now and again and do something for yourself.
I'm sure there is more, but it's all I can think of right now. What advice would you give your kids to help them become good human beings?