Play List for I'm Still Here

I listened to a LOT of music when I was writing I'm Still Here. Sometimes, I can't listen to music when I'm writing, but this story required me to. I can't explain why, just something about the feeling of it. As I was writing, songs would catch my ear and I would include them on my playlist for the book. Every so often, I would hear a song while in my car and have to say the name over and over until I could stop and write it down in my notebook so that I could remember to include it on the playlist.

Here are the songs that made the playlist. A lot of them set the tone for Esther's past relationship with her twin sister Aster. Some of the songs go directly with a scene in the book--try and see if you can figure out which!

·   
Carry On by Fun.

When this song came out, it made me think of an acquaintance who had gone missing and was later found to have committed suicide. I could not fathom why she would make the choices she made and this song always made me think of her and that she could have found the strength to carry on. Her story was the inspiration for Aster.


Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf


Don't Mess Around with Jim by Jim Croce


Mad World by Alex Parks


Gravity by Sara Bareilles


Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles


Roar by Katy Perry


Hands by Jewel


Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers


Be Ok by Ingrid Michaelson


Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera


Crazy by Gnarls Barkley


Breathe (2 am) by Anna Nalick


I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz


Heart of Glass by Blondie


Broken by Jack Johnson


Tomorrow (Annie Soundtrack)


Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit
(Warning, this is the uncensored version with lots of bad language)


Won't Stop by One Republic


It's Alright by Big Head Todd and the Monsters



I hope you all enjoy this musical journey that accompanies Esther during her time in I'm Still Here. Guess what? This is only list one of two. Stay tuned for another play list coming soon!



I'm Still Here is available on Amazon, Barnes& Noble, Kobo, iTunes and Smashwords!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit