But this has its drawbacks as well. My to-be-read (TBR) pile is growing perilously large. There will never be enough time to read all that I want to. But, for any of you out there who are looking for some reading suggestions, I'm going to help you out. I going to give you some book suggestions for what to read (after you've finished GOOD INTENTIONS and HOLD HER DOWN, of course). I'm providing the Amazon links if you click on the author's name, so you can go right to their pages. Most of the women in my group are either published with small publishers or are independent authors, like myself. We're working our way from the ground on up, so your support really means so much. And as I've said before, if you like what you read, please leave a review on Amazon, Goodreads and Barnes & Noble (you can leave the same review on all three sites). And tell your girlfriends. Trust me, they will thank you.
Start with this book:
CONNECTIVITY by Aven Ellis
- I read this book in one sitting. It is the perfect romantic-comedy with witty banter and the perfect amount of tension.
WAITING FOR PRINCE HARRY by Aven Ellis
- This is my current read. I've been waiting for this book to come out ever since I read Aven's first book, CONNECTIVITY. But I warn you, you will not want to put this one down. I made the mistake of picking it up at about 1 am this morning when I woke up for a bit. Yeah, gonna need extra coffee this morning.
THIRTY-TWO GOING ON SPINSTER by Becky Monson
- This is a delightful book that you want to get read because I hear rumors that a sequel is in the works.
TO LOVE TWICE by Heather McCoubrey
- Bust out the tissues but know that your faith in mankind will be restored.
BLAME IT ON THE FAME by Tracie Banister
- Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes after the Oscar nominations are announced? Wonder no more.
Tracie is also the author of IN NEED OF THERAPY, which is still on my TBR list. It sounds like a great read and I can't wait to get to it.
DOWN ON LOVE by Jayne Denker
- As I blogged here, Jayne's second Marsden book, PICTURE THIS is now available for pre-order and will be released in July. While it can be read as a stand-alone, you really do want to read the first book in the series before. And then, if you have time, read her other works, UNSCRIPTED and BY DESIGN.
DANGLED CARAT by Hilary Grossman
I've also really enjoyed the works by some authors from across the pond (isn't the internet great in shrinking the world?). Especially if you like English books (like Bridget Jones or the Shopaholic books), try these two out:
Also waiting patiently to be read are:
- Finding Lucas by Samantha Stroh Bailey
- Let's Be Frank by Brea Brown
- French Twist and French Toast by Glynnis Astie
- Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London
- Love Illusion by Chineka Williams
- Zoey & the Moment of Zen by Cat Lavoie
Is that enough to boggle your mind already? I'm sure there are more that I can add to the list. But it should be enough to get you all through the weekend.