Staying Positive

My day today is about balancing out the positives and negatives.

(-) Raced like a mad woman attempting to break the sound barrier to get from one place to another for a meeting. When I got there, I found the meeting had been rescheduled. For the second time.
(+) During my drive, I got to belt out Meatloaf's "2 Outta 3 Ain't Bad" AND "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights." "Paradise" plays a roll in my upcoming book which I am currently editing, so hearing that on the radio made me happy.
Winner: (+) Meatloaf (the artist, not the meal) makes everything ok.

(-) I didn't get to the market yesterday, which meant I would have to race through after work today, which just makes the day long.
(+) Above cancelled meeting meant more time for marketing, plus I picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner so I don't have to cook.
Winner: (+) See above: I don't have to cook.

(-) I got a negative review for Hold Her Down.
(+) I got a positive review for Hold Her Down.
While I'd like to say they cancel each other out, the negative review hurts more. Winner: (-)

(+)My daughter's field trip, scheduled for tomorrow, has been rescheduled. This means I don't have to take two days in a row off.
(-) It was rescheduled for Wednesday, the same day as my son's field trip. I signed up to chaperone both. Time to call in reinforcements.
Winner: (+) I only have to take one day off of work.

(+) I think I finally found a cover for my new book that not only conveys the story of my book, but will also draw readers in.
(-) I accidentally went back to iStock and found more pictures and now I'm even more confused.
Winner: Me. I'm gonna have a kick ass cover either way.

(+) Committed to doing 30-day ab challenge. I'm on day 2.
(-) I hate ab work. I mean really, really, really. Do the sit-ups I had to do at work today count? They should.
Winner: In theory the (+), but it doesn't feel that way when I'm doing it.

All in all, the tally for the day is more positive than negative. I guess I can live with that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit