Lost and Found

We got the official notification from the school district yesterday. They believe that a student purposefully deleted the writing works of almost all of the children in my son's school. They are not retrievable. The school district is taking security measures to ensure that this sort of thing cannot happen again.

That being said, Jake is quite disheartened about the whole thing. To him, it has made the whole week difficult. His classroom teacher has given him (and his two classmates) time during school this week to work on the writing assignment, and the deadline has been extended, which takes all of the pressure this week.

Over here at Biel Central, we are taking this whole experience and trying to make some teachable moments. Despite his disappointment and frustration, we are staying positive. We are making serious kick-ass lemonade over here. This is a great opportunity for my kids to learn that life is not fair. That sometimes, bad or unfortunate things happen, even when you've tried hard.

Sometimes, things happen and you have to start from square one.

Sometimes good things happen, like getting picked for Young Writers.

Sometimes, people do bad things and you are the recipient (I almost wrote victim, but I don't ever want my kids to think of themselves as victims).

Always, you have to keep trying.

Always, you have to learn to roll with the punches.

I would like to say that there is always justice, but I unfortunately, don't think that is a statement I can make absolutely.

We're using this chance to help Jake see the glass as half-full.

His words may have been lost, but valuable life lessons were found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit