End of Summer Reflections

I'm tired and I'd rather just vlog this than type it all about but the bags under my eyes are horrendous due to lack of sleep. So, I apologize in advance for the disjointed, rambling nature of this post. Consider this some true blather, more a collection of my thoughts.


  • August is over. Holy crap, where did it go? Summer, come back. Please. 
  • I had 3 days of work this week. It sort of sucked especially since my kids were off. My parents were super awesome and took the kids, but I missed them. I liked being at home this summer.
  • I'm having difficulty watching the news out of Houston. It makes me anxious and panicky. It doesn't mean I don't feel terrible about what people are doing down there, and I'll be doing my bit (besides the praying I've already been doing) to help. But I don't want to see it.
  • I'm about to launch my 10th book. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that I've written 10 books (9 novels and a novella). That being said, I'm finding plot bunnies EVERYWHERE and I feel desperate that I can't get the stories out fast enough. 
  • My low back/hip went out on Tuesday. It's been a long time since I dealt with these issues, and man did it suck. I had to miss hanging out with friends because I couldn't walk (I'm better, fingers crossed).
  • I looked through a friend's Kindle Bookshelf today (she showed me). It sort of felt like looking through her underwear drawer. But it was also cool to see the books from authors I've met or will meet in October at InD'Scribe Reader Con and Book Festival, with my books on the shelves right next to theirs.
  • Earlier in the week when my Facebook giveaways weren't getting any love, I messaged as many authors/bloggers as I could to help me share. I cannot believe the people who gladly helped. I am in awe of what a kick-ass community I belong to. It's truly one where the majority of the people really want to see all of us succeed. Just great people.
  • Later in the week, a member of my community (clearly not the in above-mentioned awesome group) was really, truly awful to me. It was the first time on my publishing journey that I've cried from hurt. This person said that self-published books aren't really published because "anyone can pay to self-publish a book." This person reiterated this position multiple times until I had to walk away for fear of my inner mean-girl rearing her vengeful head. I guess in one way this person is right. Anyone can self-publish a book. Not everyone can sell books. Not everyone can write books that people want to read. Not everyone can get solid, strong reviews and be nominated for awards. Not everyone can make money. But I can do, and have done all those things.
  • College football starts tonight with the Buckeyes. Yes.
  • Project Runway is also on tonight. Double Yes (and thank goodness for the "Last" button on my remote control).
  • I read I think 14 books over the summer and I'm reading at least one more before Labor Day. That's what I call accomplishment. 
If you're on Facebook, check out the giveaways I'm doing this week on my author page to celebrate the release of Once in a Lifetime on September 5, 2017. Ten books. 

I can't even.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life Was Changed By A Standard Comma

This Is My Last Post

Miss Chick Lit